What to pack for Disney Water Parks: Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach
- Buckets of waterproof sunscreen- Even on overcast days you must reapply every few hours. Don’t be like the boneheads you will see all over the park with awful sunburns. Our favorite is Neutrogena Wet Skin
- Water shoes- Even though the parks have these nifty little feet sprayers, the concrete is super hot, and some of the ground coverings are surprisingly rough. My very favorite pair is the Pooluly from Amazon, they also come in other colors once you click the ad. The shoe’s sole drains water and is rugged like a sneaker. Our Walmart pairs from last year were okay for a day but we had soggy feet and the sole wore down to nothing after a day. The Pooluly from the ad kept our feet dry and cool. Highly recommend!
- Hats and sunglasses because it’s Florida!
- Change of clothes. Both parks have showers and locker rooms with shampoo and body wash. So much better than riding home wet and sunscreened.
- Bring your own towels – or rentals are available
- Cash or credit for lockers and refreshments
- Water camera or GoPro- The water camera posted in the ad is the exact one I used for the videos and images in this post. It’s one of the best purchases I’ve ever made!
HOT TIPS : Visiting Disney Water Parks Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach
- Gates open about 30 minutes before the attractions do. Perfect timing for a great parking spot, time to sunscreen and secure your crap in a locker.
- With my family of four, we skip chairs and basically roam all day. I strap my water camera around my wrist and hubby carries a refillable water bottle. We visit the locker to reapply sunscreen and grab $$ for lunch.
- By visiting Disney’s Guest Relations you can easily make upgrades to any Disney ticket by paying the difference before your current ticket expires. One day is about $60 for both parks. An annual pass for both parks is $125.
If you are planning a trip to the Orlando area, I highly recommend Disney Water Parks: Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach. Be sure to SUBSCRIBE fo’ free for more awesome summer hot spots and activities!