Well, add this one to your grocery list! This pot roast is a surefire hit, in all its healthy decadence, plus it’s a low carb masterpiece. To counter all the Halloween candy you stole from your kids bucket last night. #amirite? I’ve been making this simple, easy, crowd pleasy dinner for years and my kids have never once turned their noses at it. Miracle. The best part, all the work is done in the slow cooker. Yep, this Slow Cooker Pot Roast, is Picky Kid Approved.
If you don’t mind the carbs, the meat and the gravy it produces are amazing served on top of mashed potatoes or rice. This time I made fresh cauliflower rice, and steamed green beans on the side. If you are in a pinch on time and patience, add green beans and potatoes right to the pot!The acid in the tomatoes are one of the very best natural tenderizers around, so if you have the time, throw the meat, tomatoes and soup mix in a marinating dish for a day or two. I usually do this right from the grocery store. Which also prevents that bloody mess in a bag you get to clean up in a few days.
- 1-3 lb of lean beef roast (London broil or sirloin | chuck roast will work well too, just more fatty)
- 1 medium onion
- 15 ounces chopped tomato
- 1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups green beans, mushrooms or carrots (optional)
- 2 cups peeled chopped potatoes (Optional -not included in nutrition)
- Marinate beef in chopped tomato, oil and onion soup packet overnight if desired
- Aside from marinating, this is a one-step recipe, no need to sear the meat!
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker on low for 9-10 hours or high for 5-6