Looking for fun kid friendly dinner ideas this Halloween? Give Mummy Wieners a try. Such a fun and simple Halloween dinner. Great for parties and campfires too!
You mama’s know the drill. Pinterest has brought a new level to our parenting game. Where dinners are concerned my picky eaters usually put me in the fail department. Last year when we first made these, my kids had a great time making them. Once it was time to eat them, one kid wouldn’t eat the hot dog, the other kid wouldn’t eat the bread. Knuckleheads. Wanna know the best part? I completely forgot hubby was working late and I could have given them cereal to begin with! The leftovers were a big hit, every one of those suckers was gobbled up by a herd of hungry kiddos!
Funny thing is, this year not one but both of them asked me if we could make them again, and they remember them being delicious. . . say whaaaat? Uhm okay. Sure!
Happy (almost) Halloween! Maybe your kiddos will love mummy wieners?!
- 1 package of your favorite hot dogs
- 1 can of Pillsbury crescent or french bread
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp water
- ketchup and mustard for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Open can dough. Instead of separating pieces, lay out on cutting board whole, and cut into slits
- Cut slits in hot dog for arms and legs
- Using a toothpick, poke holes for eyes and line for mouth
- Haphazardly wrap dough all around hot dog mummy style
- Beat egg with water and brush over dough
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until breading is golden brown