We danced, we laughed and some of us even cried. But surprisingly this time, no one fell.
If you have ever been to Tavolino Della Notte in Coral Springs Florida you already know the food is spectacular, and the service is stellar. If you have ever been there on a Thursday night, you know that the half price drinks and appetizers aren’t the only draw to the city’s evening hot spot. The live music, dancing and people watching is A+. Last night was no exception. In fact, it was epic. We were entertained by the very talented Jorge Garcia Band, with lead vocalist Jamilla Hall and her partner; a very enthusiastic Michael Jackson sing and dance-alike nicknamed Happy Feet.
I’m going to be vague here and not include names but I can assure you, all of this happened.
- One of us competed in a dance off with a 70 something year old lady
- One of us accidentally started fire with a takeout bag and sat there stunned holding a meatball
- One of us finally put out said fire after beating the bag against the table, then tried to smother it with a napkin which resulted in the splashing of sparks, and then finally found an nonalcoholic beverage to drown it with
- One of us spanked a lead singer after he did an impressive leap from the stage to the dance floor
- Two of us toasted water glasses which resulted in the death of a small animal
- All of us witnesses another patron piggyback-ride-dancing on another patron; neither of them were under 60
Last night’s plan was made to celebrate a birthday. To gather our flock for a much needed celebration. We lost several of our regulars to sick kids, sick moms, and cancelled babysitters. It’s not only hilarity and unmotherly behavior that make nights like these appreciated and necessary. It’s the unity of our tribe. The band of motherhood coming together to remember the individuals we once were, and at times like these, still are. To remember to celebrate our own births and not just the births of our children. Much of the time we are united gathering for sporting events, playdates, and kids birthday parties. Here we are uncensored. We can talk about how hard school is for our growing kids, how tough it can be for a Mom to return the workforce, how cute the waiter is, and yes, even what does transgender reassignment genitalia look like? (That was for you JJ). A few hours to vent, laugh, dance and sweat can do wonders for the soul. I encourage you, fellow Mom’s, to gather your tribe and create a time and place to let your hair down, be a friend to one another and dance like no one is watching. If you happen to do it at Tavolino, order the tuna tartar and pear pasta!
Looking for another funny read? Check out iPad Potty Training
If you enjoyed this post SUBSCRIBE & share!!!
*Views expressed were written entirely by the Author. No payments or perks were exchanged for this review