Copycat Chic-fil-A Breakfast Burrito Recipe is the perfect dish for batch cooking ahead, and quick heating for busy rush-out-the-door mornings. We all need a good balance of protein for breakfast, and these burritos a hit! I needed an option other than just cereal, toaster waffles and microwave pancakes. Now I prepare some variation of make ahead breakfast burritos nearly every week, for a fast and easy high protein breakfast my family loves. This Chic-fil-A version is the one my kids fight over. After all, they must fight over SOMETHING.
Some of you might be thinking, Chic-fil-A makes breakfast burritos?! Yes, they sure do and it’s actually my favorite thing on the menu right up there with the Spicy Southwest Salad.
One batch can be prepared in about 30 minutes, store them in the fridge and they take 45 seconds to reheat. Add Copycat Chic-fil-A Breakfast Burritos to your list and give them a try!
- 12 flour tortillas medium size
- 16 eggs beaten or equivalent eggbeaters/egg whites
- ¾ cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken tenders or nuggets
- 1 cup of steamed onion or bell pepper
- wax paper for wrapping
- Prep: layer 12 sets of one square of wax paper and one tortilla
- Beat eggs in a bowl
- Cook chicken nuggets per package instructions
- Steam peppers and onion separately
- Cook: Start with a hot pan, and coconut oil or butter
- Add eggs to pan and slightly under cook, as they will be reheated throughout the week; they should be slightly wet looking not runny
- Add chicken nuggets, and peppers and stir
- Turn off the heat
- Top the pan with shredded cheese
- Assembly: scoop the mixture into the middle of the tortilla
- Flip up bottom to cover egg mixture
- Next fold the sides, then top down
- Use the layer of wax paper to roll burrito and twist the ends
- Repeat X12
- When morning arrives, reheat burrito in wax paper for about 45 seconds in microwave
- Serve! Wait for applause!
- *microwave cooking times may vary
For more great recipes, parenting tips and funny stuff- – – SUBSCRIBE!